Five Takeaways on the Next Generation of Fiberglass
As the heating season approaches, Amy Bobak, has latest fiber advancements in the most trusted insulation material in the industry. She is especially excited about the launch of PINK® Next Gen™ Fiberglas™ Insulation. In developing these product enhancements, Owens Corning intently focused on the challenges facing the industry and used that information to enhance the fiberglass batt product line.
Here are the five takeaways on PINK Next Gen™ Fiberglas™ Insulation.
- Faster to install than before for those who work with insulation day in, day out – from stack to install
- Soft as cotton, so more comfortable to use
- Less pieces, clumps and dust and less waste – meaning time, money, and materials
- No formaldehyde and no fire retardants added to the fiberglass
- Helping to build healthy, high-performing homes without adding complexity and cost
All batt lines in the Owens Corning network are now producing PINK Next Gen™ Fiberglas™ Insulation. It’s a superior product than before and you can feel confident that every batt meets Owens Corning’s high standards.
Keep in mind, our manufacturing lines have always slightly varied in the fiber types they produce into Owens Corning Fiberglas™ insulation. But over time, through our improved fiber technology, we will continue to drive down the differences each manufacturing line has.
So what does PINK Next Gen™ Fiberglas™ insulation mean for the contractor? The secret is advanced fiber technology that is visibly different. We combined multiple innovative technologies to create a tightly woven network of soft, fine fibers and this results in:
- More insulating air pockets in the same space
- It is super-resilient, recovering instantly and completely
- Our batts are stiffer and slide in and stay in place
- It cuts and splits easily around wires and boxes
The product enhancements benefit a wide range of groups and we know different groups care about different things, so we have made these sweeping product improvements with all customers in mind.
- Homeowners – it provides a safe and comfortable home environment to give them peace of mind.
- Distributors – it allows you to deliver the best value in an insulation product to your customers…helping them do a quality job in less time and for less money.
- Builders – can get an insulation install that passes inspection in less time, so they can keep their home builds moving.
- Insulation Contractors – they are working with a superior product that is clean and safe to install and allows them to finish jobs faster.
With all of the product improvements we are making, we truly believe PINK Next Gen™ Fiberglas™ insulation is not just the next generation of PINK® insulation—but it’s the new standard. And the right choice for precision, comfort, safety and sustainability.
And that is exactly how we are talking about this product to easily and simply communicate all of the benefits of this improved product. We have broken it down into four meaningful areas:
- Precision – This is all around achieving a quality install in less time. Our advanced fiber technology enables PINK Next Gen™ Fiberglas™ insulation to recover instantly, cut and split cleanly, glide in easily and stay put in the cavity. Helping contractors deliver inspection-ready results up to 23% faster1. This also helps with labor retention due to the ease of installation.
- Comfort – the new batts feel soft as cotton and create less dust, for shed- resistant insulation that stays on the batt—not on the installer. Comfort also alludes to the proven thermal performance and noise absorption you expect from our insulation products.
- Safety – the safety of install and safety of the home after install. Owens Corning® PINK Next Gen™ Fiberglas™ insulation is made with safe, proven ingredients that naturally resist fire and do not support mold growth, with no formaldehyde and no fire retardants added to the fiberglass. This product is a healthy choice for insulating – safe for installers and residents.
- Sustainability – our insulation is engineered to make a positive impact in walls, on the wallet and on the planet. It’s a proven, cost-effective solution that’s responsibly made to deliver exceptional performance—creating less waste from the start, while saving money and energy for life.
In addition, Owens Corning has the coolest selling tools to demonstrate the difference PINK Next Gen™ Fiberglas™ insulation provides and so we can help you meet audience-specific needs. Please visit PinkNextGen.com for more details.
Contact Amy Bobak who can connect you with resources we have available to help sell this product at Amy.firstname.lastname@example.org or 574.238.7492.
1 Based on time savings per batt compared to Owens Corning EcoTouch® insulation. Does not include supporting tasks required for insulation install. (Installation time trials conducted by Owens Corning with independent installers, July 2020.)